Yes! I’ve been hiding from my people. What people, you ask? I’ve been hiding from the 1200+ people rattling around my family tree. The unknowns, the dead ends, the well knowns, the add-ins...the whole lot of them. And guess what? It felt good...for a while. Sometime late last year, I sat this ongoing genealogy “habit” down, in hopes using that time to add some organization to my life.
What I found during my AWOL status, was that genealogy actually adds structure, organization and fulfillment to my life. It forces me to be disciplined. The research keeps my mind sharp. And like any good puzzle, every piece contributes to the overall picture.
There. I admitted it. I miss my quirky ancestors. I miss reading their names, imagining their lives, scanning seemingly microscopic documents for their existence, looking for their spouses, counting their children and finding their resting place. I miss waking up in the middle of the night, with an idea of where to search next. I miss trying to explain to my husband how I can stay at the archives for an entire day, without coming up for air. (He almost had me committed behind that one.)
So, I say all that to say I am going to re-commit to my genealogy. Did any of you just hear that roar of cheers and applause in the background? Yes, I am certain that my ancestors approve and appreciate my efforts. They send me constant subtle and not-so-subtle reminders.
Alright, so what can you expected from Reconnected Roots during the remaining three (3) quarters of 2011?
- Introduction and background of newly discovered ancestors
- Updates on some of your favorite ancestors (I still get regular emails inquiring about Cora or offering suggestions. Thank You!)
- A face lift for this website (Help!!!!)
- New Photos (Or should I call them Old Photos)
- More from “Spotlight On...” (There are so many researchers who I want to introduce to each other. I do have a talented historian on deck. I just have to see if he is still speaking to me!! *smile*)
- Informative posts with tips that may help you progress faster with your research
I think that’s plenty for now. Thanks to all of you who send me emails inquiring about my website. I am returning to one of my first loves. And now that I’ve put it out there, I am sure all of you will help me keep to my word.
Until Next Time,
February - 2014
December - 2013
December - 2011
October - 2011
April - 2011
March - 2011
October - 2010
September - 2010
July - 2010
June - 2010
May - 2010
April - 2010
March - 2010
February - 2010